Posted: September 18th, 2017
Assignment 2: Adjustment Case Study
Due in Week 8 and worth 230 points
Go to NPR’s StoryCorps Website, located at http://www.npr.org/series/4516989/storycorps. Read two (2) articles that were published within the last two (2) months that focus on individuals with major adjustment issues.
Next, use the textbook and the Strayer Library to research evidence-based strategies to help with adjustment. Consider strategies that relate to stress and coping, gender, stages of life, cultural and social issues, and health.
When referencing the selected stories, please use this format:
- Standard Reference Format:
- Title of the story [Audio file]. (Year, Month Day). Retrieved from website url.
A homeless teen finds solace in a teacher and a recording [Audio file]. (2014, March 7). Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/2014/03/07/286921391/a-homeless-teen-finds-solace-in-a-teacher-and-a-recording.
- In-Text Citation Format:
- The in-text citation for a selected story is an abbreviated version of the title and the year of publication. The abbreviation contains the first three words of the title.
(“A homeless teen,” 2014).
When referencing the textbook, please use this format:
- Standard Textbook Reference Format:
- Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Publisher information.
Santrock, J. (2006). Human adjustment: 2007 custom edition. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill.
- In-Text Citation Format:
- The in-text citation for the textbook is the author’s last name and year of publication.
Write a three to six (3-6) page paper in which you:
- Summarize two (2) articles you selected from the NPR Website. The two (2) article must be from within the last two (2) months.
- Describe the major adjustment issues discussed in each story.
- Examine at least three (3) evidence-based strategies from each of the selected articles that could help the individuals in each article enhance their adjustment skills.
- For each article, recommend the evidence-based strategy that is best suited for the people in the selected articles. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Each of your selected articles (2) is a source and your textbook should be used as a source. One additional academic source is required for a total of four (4) sources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include a reference page containing APA-formatted references for all sources used in your paper. The reference page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify contextual variables (e.g., culture) that impact psychological adjustment.
- Define stress, stressors, and coping strategies, and contemplate their relationship to health and wellness.
- Identify and describe social psychological phenomena.
- Describe adult relationships, lifestyles, and issues of parenting and longevity.
- Identify gender differences and explore gender role stereotypes.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.