Posted: September 14th, 2017
Coaching & Mentoring
APA- in-text Citations- If the citations are in the reference page, they must also be in the body of the paper (in-text citations!)
WEBSITES TO USE ARE LOCATED BELOW!
“The BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg said: “The BP board is deeply saddened to lose a CEO whose success over some three years in driving the performance of the company was so widely and deservedly admired” (BP CEO, 2010, para. 2). “The tragedy of the Macondo well explosion and subsequent environmental damage has been a watershed incident. BP remains a strong business with fine assets, excellent people and a vital role to play in meeting the world’s energy needs. But it will be a different company going forward, requiring fresh leadership supported by robust governance and a very engaged board” (para. 3).
• “No single factor caused the Macondo well tragedy. Rather, a sequence of failures involving a number of different parties led to the explosion and fire which killed [eleven] people and caused widespread pollution in the Gulf of Mexico [on April 20, 2010]” (BP Releases Report, 2010, para. 1).
• “A report released by BP [on September 8, 2010] concludes that decisions made by “multiple companies and work teams” contributed to the accident which it says arose from “a complex and interlinked series of mechanical failures, human judgments, engineering design, operational implementation and team interfaces” (BP Releases Report, 2010, para 2).
• CEO Tony Hayward was criticized on how his slow-to-react behavior culminated in one of the greatest environmental disasters in the new millennium. Let’s go back in time and imagine the BP Board of Directors hired you as an Executive.
Coach to partner with Mr. Hayward to take appropriate actions in a timely manner to resolve the Macondo tragedy effectively. PLEASE conduct some background research to better understand the incident and best serve Mr. Hayward, the Board of Directors, the company, the environment, and the communities affected.
PLEASE goo to the BP website (www.bp.com) and choose BP Global, then Gulf of Mexico response, and lastly, BP internal investigation.
1. Click on Read the press release and review.
2. Click on Watch the video (29 minutes) and take some notes that might help you with your coaching framework.
3. Click on Download the executive summary (pdf, 3735KB) and review.
4. Click on Download the full investigation report (pdf, 13959KB) and review.
5. You can also download the Appendices A through and including AA for reference.
6. Click on See presentation slides (pdf, 1347KB) and review
In addition to this summary, please address the following questions that you must consider in order to create a culture of coaching / mentoring:
1. Who or what is driving what is talked about / discussed in a coaching relationship?
2. What is the impact of these influences?
3. What might be possibly be denied / avoided in your coaching scheme? Why?
4. Who is being empowered / disempowered in your coaching work relative to the BP case study?
Please include the following:
text body content,
References page to house your outside sources.
Plan to use at least 3 outside sources to validate your work, including the BP website.
All must be created using APA citation, format, and style.
The case study paper should be 5 to 6 pages
BP CEO Tony Hayward to step down and be succeeded by Bob Dudley. (2010, July 27). Retrieved September 13, 2010, from http://www.bp.com/
BP releases report on causes of Gulf of Mexico tragedy. (2010, September 8). Retrieved September 13, 2010, from http://www.bp.com
PLEASE research other sites that speak to the Macondo disaster and how BP /executive management worked toward a sluggish resolution to the issue
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.