Posted: September 17th, 2017
SCENARIO:As the administrator of a local nursing home, you have just received notification that the organization is being purchased by a national group. Because of new policies to be implemented, many of the residents will be displaced. To make the situation more challenging, some of these residents have difficulty communicating, have no local family, and have not indicated that they approve the release of their medical information. Arrangements must be made for these individuals.
• The paper is based on the provided scenario regarding a local nursing home.
• The paper is written from the perspective of the nursing home administrator who must make arrangements for many of the residents following acquisition of the organization by a national group.
• The paper describes different types of communication methods for the nursing home in the provided scenario.
• The paper includes the following:
o The advantages and disadvantages of using traditional, electronic, and social media for health care communication
o The effects of HIPAA and other regulations on the use of these media for health care communication
• The paper cites a minimum of two sources, one from the University Library and the other from the course textbooks or Electronic Reserve Readings, to support the paper’s position
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.