Posted: September 18th, 2017
Below is a list of common security exploits and attacks. Review the list.
- Replay Attacks
- Insertion Attacks
- Fragmentation Attacks
- Buffer Overflow Attacks
- XSS Attacks
- Man-in-the-Middle Attacks
- Hijacking Attacks
- Spoofing Attacks
- Covert Channels
- Botnet Attacks
- Social Engineering Attacks
Decide which attack you consider to be the worse kind.
- List the attack’s name you selected.
- Explain your reasons for determining this to be the worst kind of attack.
- Locate an incident in which the attack was used to exploit an organization.
- List the URL and describe the attack.
- Provide the outcome, was the attack successful or foiled.
- What steps were taken (or should be taken) to circumvent this type of attack from happening again?