Question 1) We have all been through on some type of interview and selection process at some point in our lives.
1. List ways that you have been evaluated for selection in a job that you have held.
2. What were the major problems with the process and the method used?
3. What suggestions would you have for that company in the future?
4. Do you find it necessary to conduct a background investigation for that job? Why or why not?
5. What recruiting sources were used? What is the advantage and disadvantage of the source used? What would you have suggested after the reading?
6. Support the reliability and validity of the method used for recruitment.
7. What metrics are used for evaluating the costs, selection rate, acceptance rate, and yield rate for recruitment and retention?
8. Now that you have evaluated a current or past employer, what do you recommend/propose for your organization (fictitious or real) for a recruitment strategy?
9. What are the risks and challenges the organization faces by implementing the plan you recommend?
10. Provide an example of ways in which it is effectively or ineffectively implemented. Elaborate upon and assess this situation.
There are many plans available online that are pertinent. If you use a plan from an online source or from your current organization, you must cite in text and provide the reference. Be certain to integrate the readings and to conduct independent research providing references (minimum 3) from various credible sources to support your opinions, ideas, and arguments. You must cite in text and include multiple references (minimum of 3) in addition to the text.
Question 4) Many employers use integrity and personality tests but some of these have been challenged in courts. One example is where the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that Rent-a-Center’s use of the MMPI personality test probably prevented mentally challenged individuals from getting promotions in the company. Shortly after this ruling, Jeannine Cruz sued the Louisiana State Police claiming that she was discriminated against based on sex because her scores on several employment tests (including the MMPI) were not high enough to warrant promotion to a trooper position. In fact, her performance on the tests indicated that she was a candidate for “sexual misconduct” and “chemical dependency/” She claimed in her suit that the tests utilized are not fair to women because men tend to score more positively than do women. Some experts think that similar lawsuits can be expected based on the Rent-a-Center case if companies do not relate the test content to specific job content.
1. Do you think employers should use integrity and personality tests to make recruiting and promotion decisions? Why or why not?
2. Can you think of some jobs where integrity and personality tests might be more appropriate than for other jobs? Give your rationale.
3. Do you think companies will use more or less integrity and personality tests in the next five years? Why?
Be certain to integrate the readings and to conduct independent research providing references (minimum 3) from various credible sources to support your opinions, ideas, and arguments. You must cite in text and include multiple references (minimum of 3) in addition to the text.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more