Posted: September 18th, 2017
Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary role, skills and competencies of Quantity Surveyors. • Develop measurement skills and required qualities through an in-depth knowledge of and ability in measurement.
The quantity surveying profession has greatly evolved since its formation in the
17th-18th century. With the changing nature of the modern day construction, the
traditional role of the Quantity Surveyor has significantly changed to fulfil the
today’s marketplace needs by filling the gaps across different sectors such as
residential, commercial, industrial, and so on.
You are required to write a report to critically discuss how the contemporary role,
skills and competencies of a quantity surveyor and its future prospects could add
value to construction projects across different industries. Ensure that you relate
your discussion to both the consultant and contractor Quantity Surveyor’s
perspectives and different stages in a construction project life –cycle.
A 30 storey apartment building is proposed to be constructed in an area close to
a body of water. Due to poor ground conditions, this requires pile foundations.
Page 2 of 8
Attached drawings show just the first stage of part of the foundation
construction, with structural steelwork to follow.
Due to the close proximity of water, a necessity in the first stage is to stabilise the
ground through the introduction of steel sheet piling to be driven into the
ground. This will act as a barrier to prevent ingress of groundwater whilst, within
the area for piling, ground dewatering is undertaken to stabilise the soil to allow
the main second stage driven piling to occur.
Attached drawings show the plan and section of the pile foundations. Your task is
to take off quantities for steel sheet piling and driven pre-cast concrete piling
from the attached drawings and the following specification notes in accordance
with the Australian Standard Method of Measurement (ASMM).
• Assume that all excavation and removal of spoil has been
undertaken already to reach the commencing surface.
• The steel sheet piling is to be removed following construction of
the second stage driven piling.
• Finished level of steel sheet piling is 2m above commencing level.
• For steel sheet piling, strutting, waling, laps, interlocks and angles
‘as engineering specification’
• Note that the steel sheet piling comes in sections 4m high and will
• Pile shoes are required to be measured and described as ‘as
• Precast concrete piles require excess to be cut off.
• Precast concrete piles will be reinforced concrete grade c25 design
(reinforcement described ‘as engineer’s specification’).
• All reinforcement to pile cap should be measured as a provisional
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.