Posted: September 17th, 2017
DNA recombination technology has existed for over 40 years. However, older techniques have been limited in the scope and ease with which DNA can be altered. Recently, advances in gene editing, specifically using CRISPR/Cas9 technology, hae paved the way for altering DNA sequences in ways neer observed before. While the benefits of such technology will undoubtedly have far reaching positive effects on our understanding on the structure and treatment of numerous medical disorders, new ethical dilemmas have surfaced. Specifically, this technology can alter DNA sequences in germline cells, thereby allowing directed mutations to potentially become a permanent part of the gene pool. In this essay, read the evidence and present your own opinion by answering the questions below.
* Resources to read, listen to and discuss within your paper.
*Address the following questions.
1. What is CRISPR/Cas9 and why is it so revolutionary?
2. Compare and contrast the major ethical considerations between gene editing in somatic and germline cells.
3. How could this technology be misappropriated to promote eugenics? Do you think it likely?
4. Moving forward, how do you think this technology should be regulated, if at all? Consider diffrences between regulation at the national and international level.
1. Answer all of the above questions separately (e.g. #1….#2….)
2. You may, but are not required to, use additional references in the paper. If you do, they must be cited both in-text and at the end of paper.
3. The four references included above do not need to be cited in your paper.
As it mentioned above, you can use additional references if you need, but the essay must be based on the four resources that provided above.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.