Posted: September 18th, 2017
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2005).Infectious Disease Information: Insect- and Arthropod-Related Diseases. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/insects/diseases.htm
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2010).Rodents. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2012).Food Safety. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/facts.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2013). Workplace Safety & Health Topics: Health Care Workers. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/healthcare/
Hart D.P. (2011). Bloodborne Pathogen Violations: Compliance is Key to Prevention.Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 94(5), 480-7.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (2012).About Pesticides. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/about/index.htm
Guglielmi C., Spratt D., Berguer R., Alexander S., Barnes S., &Groah L. (2010). A Call to Arms to Prevent Sharps Injuries in Our ORs.Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 92(4), 387-92.
Mohammadi N., Allami A., &Mohamadi R.M. ( 2011). Percutaneous Exposure Incidents in Nurses: Knowledge, Practice and Exposure to Hepatitis B Infection. Hepatitis Monthly, 11(3):186-190.
Natural Resources Defense Council (n.d.). Pesticides: What You need to Know. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.nrdc.org/health/pesticides/
Painter J.A., Hoekstra R.M., Ayers T., Tauxe R.V., Braden C.R., Angulo F.J., et al (2013). Attribution of Foodborne Illnesses, Hospitalizations, and Deaths to Food Commodities by Using Outbreak Data, United States, 1998–2008.Emerging Infectious Diseases, 19(3): 407-415.
United States Department of Agriculture (2013).Food Safety Fact Sheets. Retrieved on 1/6/14 at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets
Washington State University (2013). School IPM. Retrieved on 1/6/13 at http://schoolipm.wsu.edu/
First Paper Assignment Overview
You have been hired by the City Council as an Environmental Health Consultant to provide technical advice about two topics.
Write a paper in which you respond to the following questions:
1. There has been an increase in emergency visits due to foodborne poisoning. Samonellosis seems to be a frequent diagnosis in these visits. Explain to the residents of the community and owners of food establishments what guidelines they should follow to improve food safety and to prevent specifically, salmonellosis. In your explanation, it should be evident what the principles of food safety are.
2. Additionally, there seems to be a growing belief in the community that reheating food, particularly leftovers, prior to eating can render the food safe for consumption. Demonstrate whether this belief is true or not and provide specific examples of food-borne pathogens to illustrate your answer.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.