Posted: September 18th, 2017
1. Describe the major hormonal changes that occur during adolescence. Describe girls’ reactions to menarche and boys’ reactions to spermarche during puberty. What factors influence the way adolescents respond? Describe the impact of puberty on parent–child interaction and the adaptive value of this change in adolescents’ relationships with their parents.
2. Summarize the specific mechanisms of cognitive change, as described by the information-processing view of cognitive development. Describe a teenager’s new cognitive capacities, and explain how adults can handle the consequences of distorted thinking.
3. Describe gender differences in adolescent friendships. Describe the functions that cliques and crowds serve, and explain the factors that cause the importance of crowds to decline over time. Summarize research on peer conformity, noting factors related to peer pressure.
4. Monica, an obese 22 year-old, would like to participate in a weight-loss program that promotes lasting behavior change. Describe the program elements that she should look for, noting how each element fosters success. As Brad enters early adulthood, he is becoming increasingly concerned about maintaining good health. What suggestions can you offer Brad for fostering a healthy adult life?
5. Discuss some preventative measures adults can take to avoid or slow the progress of cardiovascular disease. Explain the combined gender–racial bias that is especially dangerous for African-American women with heart disease.
6. According to Levinson, what four developmental tasks must middle-aged adults confront in order to rebuild their life structure? Provide examples to illustrate all four. What are possible selves, and why are they important in middle adulthood?
7. What are some stereotypes of late adulthood? How does stereotype threat impact elders’ functioning? What are some cultural differences in aging stereotypes? What are some characteristics of wise elders? Explain the benefits of continuing education for elders. How can educators increase program effectiveness?
8. Define the four social theories of aging. Discuss the meaning of optimal aging, and provide some examples of how to facilitate it. Describe four diverse functions of friendships in late adulthood.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.