Posted: September 17th, 2017
Individual Business Case
Length: 1,500 words
This assessment task assists students to develop the following skills:
• Know the nature of projects and project management
• Be able to identify the objectives, scope and constraints of a project
• Understand some of the human resource management aspects of project management
• Understand the techniques of time and cost estimation in the project planning environment
• Understand how to conduct time/cost trade-offs
• Comprehend the abilities of projects to deliver strategic objectives through the implementation of change.
• Develop the basics of a project management information system and design reporting formats for different levels of management
• Assess the risks and uncertainties involved in projects, and develop project plans and techniques which address efficiency and effectiveness criteria
• Understand the difference between managing through hierarchies and managing through projects
Students are to develop a short business case, identifying a need for change within a business, and develop the components required to “sell” the project, including any resources, (e.g. IT System), to deliver the proposed change, to senior management in your business.
Part of this assignment is to develop a business case format. The business case should contain details of the project background, objectives, current situation, problem/opportunity statement, critical assumptions and constraints, analysis of options and recommendations, preliminary project requirements, budget estimate and financial analysis, schedule estimate, and potential risks.
The project business case should be presented in the appropriate report format and include referencing in the APA style as appropriate.
• Report content and structure;
• Quality of business case;
• Quality and accuracy of financial analysis;
• In-text references and reference list; and
• Overall Presentation
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.