Posted: September 17th, 2017
Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony #5 Mvmt I, 1804–1808
Once you have selected and viewed the work, you will create a paragraph of descriptive writing with your personal observations about the work. This paragraph must be written before you do research on the work, the artist or composer, and the period it comes from. You will need to be detailed in your description of the work.
The next step will be to research the work, the life of the artist, and the period. You will then be ready to create your analysis. This process of analysis will require you to discuss the historical context of the work, pertinent aspects of the artist’s or composer’s biography, themes and/or stylistic characteristics of its historical period and finally, the relevance of this work for audiences today.
The final requirement of the task will be to reflect on this process and describe how the analysis informed or altered your perception of the work.
A. Record your initial reaction to the work (suggested length of 1 paragraph or half a page) by doing the following:
1. Describe your initial thoughts and/or feelings about the work.
2. Describe in detail at least one aspect of the work that most interests you.
B. Analyze the work (suggested length of 2–4 pages) by doing the following:
1. Describe the historical context of the period in which the work was written.
2. Discuss insights into the work that can be gained from the author’s biography.
3. Analyze how this work explores a particular theme and/or stylistic characteristic from its period.
4. Explain the relevance of this work for today’s audiences.
C. Reflect on how the analysis affected your perception of the work (suggested length of 1 paragraph or half a page).
1. Discuss how the deeper knowledge you gained through your analysis has informed or altered your thoughts and/or feelings about the work.
D. When you use sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, provide acknowledgement of source information for any content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized. Acknowledgement of source information includes in-text citation noting specifically where in the submission the source is used and a corresponding reference, which includes:
• Location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)
Note: The use of APA citation style is encouraged but is not required for this task. Evaluators will offer feedback on the acknowledgement of source information but not with regard to conformity with APA or other citation style. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Resources web link found under General Information/APA Guidelines in the left-hand panel in Taskstream.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly.
**I need a good one sentence thesis statement highlighted.
**There are other options of music if you would like a list of them.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.