Posted: September 17th, 2017
Scenario: Imagine that you are the vice president of operations at a production or service organization. You have noticed that your organization’s current operations strategy is not supporting the challenges that the organization is presently facing. In order to maintain a competitive edge, you must address these challenges with your Chief Executive Officer immediately.
Select an existing production organization. Analyze the organization’s current vision, mission, business strategy, operation strategy, supply chain, total quality management, just-in-time philosophy, forecasting method, statistical technique, facility location, work design, project life cycle, and project management. Note: You will need this information in order to complete this and subsequent assignments.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate key elements of the selected production or service organization’s operational efficiency with its operational strategy. Determine three (3) tasks that do not align with the operational strategy. Determine the weaknesses that are evident in each task.
2. Formulate a new operations strategy for the selected organization based on the four (4) competitive priorities (i.e., cost, quality, time, and flexibility).
3. Analyze both the structure of the competitive priorities and infrastructure of the production process. Develop three (3) new enablers that are aligned with the long-term plan of the selected organization. Evaluate three (3) pros and three (3) cons of the new enablers.
4. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
• The reference pages are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the differences between service and manufacturing operations management to identify planning considerations.
• Formulate an operations strategy to conduct production or service operations.
• Explain how an operations strategy impacts product design and process selection.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
• Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.