Posted: September 17th, 2017
organization’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values statements. These are the organization’s espoused values: What the organization says it values. Conduct research in the University Library to find articles about the organization’s enacted value
Due August 3, 2015
Choose one of the following organizations:
• Walt Disney Company
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• General Electric Company (GE)
• Nordstrom, Inc.
• Starbucks Coffee Company
• International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
• Southwest Airlines Co.
• U.S. Army or other branch of service
• American Red Cross
Review one organization’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values statements. These are the organization’s espoused values: What the organization says it values. Conduct research in the University Library to find articles about the organization’s enacted values: What the company actually does.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper based on your review and research in which you complete the following:
• Briefly describe the culture of the chosen organization, noting whether the organization’s espoused values align with its enacted values. To what extent is communication in an organization determined by the organization’s culture?
• Describe the role communication plays in perception and organizational culture. How might misalignment between espoused values and enacted values affect perceptions within an organization?
• Identify the role of conflict in group communication. How might the organization you chose use conflict to improve communication within and among groups?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
1.Starbucks Won’t Tell You Passy, Charles. Wall Street Journal, Eastern edition [New York, N.Y] 28 Sep 2014: WSJ.3.
2.Starbucks CEO’s vision remains strong despite economy
Hirsch, JerryView Profile. Tribune – Review / Pittsburgh Tribune – Review [Greensburg, Pa] 08 June 2008.
3. Starbuck’s mission: Keep Elon surging
Sutton, Bob. Knight Ridder Tribune Business News [Washington] 18 May 2006: 1.
4. Economics: Starbucks
Anonymous. The Ecologist33.6 (Jul/Aug 2003): 22.
5. How Starbucks impassions workers to drive growth
Weiss, NaomiView Profile. Workforce77.8 (Aug 1998): 60-64.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.