Final Exam Study Sheet ( Short essay question )
1. What is the definition of philosophy? To answer this question you must do
two things. First, you must identify and define the two Greek roots of the
word. Second, you must provide a more general discussion of the nature
of philosophical thinking and the ultimate aims of philosophical thinking.
2. Explain the difference between a valid argument and a sound argument.
Which is considered to be the stronger kind of argument? Why?
3. What kinds of values were espoused in Homer and Hesiod? How did these
values encourage the discipline of philosophy in ancient Greece?
4. Describe the philosophical concerns of the pre-Socratic philosophers. How
did their concerns differ from each other? How did their philosophical
concerns differ from Socrates’ philosophical concerns?
5. Why is Socrates described as the “father” of Western Philosophy? What is
the Socratic Method?
6. According to Hume there is no “self.” Write an essay that explains Hume’s
position. To do this successfully you will need to begin by identifying the
two distinct entities that according to Hume make up the contents of our
7. Determinists, Compatibilists, and Indeterminists all have something to say
about causality. Write an essay that explains and compares each of these
8. What is Aristotle’s fourfold schema of causality? What does it explain?
9. Plato and Locke have very different views about the nature of reality. The
also have very different views about how human beings come to have
knowledge of reality. Write an essay that explains and also compares the
metaphysics and epistemology of these two thinkers.
10.Descartes famously proclaimed, “I think, I am.” Write an essay that
explains what the significance of this statement is within the context of
Descartes’ philosophy. In other words, explain what his general objectives
are, and what role this realization plays in his philosophy.
11. Be sure you know the answers to that question. You will need to
have fully mastered that material to do well on the final examination!
Q: One essay question
a) what they each of them say about the causality?
what they said about the causality ?
They = Determinists, Compatibilist, Indeterminists
each of them = Determinism, Compatibilism, Indeterminism
EX) Determinists said about causality that~~~~~.
b) find the similarity in each of them = Determinism, Compatibilism, Indeterminism
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more