Posted: September 18th, 2017
Proposal arguments are common forms of writing, especially in the professional world. The goal of a proposal argument is to propose a solution to solve a problem. This task requires you to propose a clear solution to a specific problem and then provide evidence to support your recommendation.
Note: Choose only one of the following topics for your essay.
• How can the United States lessen its dependence on fossil fuels?
• What can be done to improve the college graduation rate?
• How can a city promote the use of public transportation?
• What can be done to promote better health for the American population?
• What can be done to address the problem that you discussed in your causal analysis essay in Task 3?
Note: If you respond to this topic in your Task 4 essay, please include a note at the top if your essay that lists your Task 3 essay topic, like this: TASK 3 Topic: Causes of the high cost of healthcare in the US.
A. Write a proposal essay (suggested length of 4–7 pages). In your essay, do the following:
1. Respond to one of the given topics.
2. Provide an effective introduction.
3. Provide an appropriate thesis statement that previews two to four main points.
4. Explain the significance of the problem.
5. Propose a clear recommendation, with support, to solve the problem.
6. Provide an effective conclusion that includes an evaluation of the importance of the topic.
B. Include at least three academically credible sources in the body of your essay.
1. For your sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.