sociology questionnaire : The purpose of exercise is to develop a short questionnaire containing both close-ended survey questions and open-ended questions. Students will go through the research design process from research question, to survey construction, to analysis of survey results and theory building using a peer-reviewed article.
Assignment 3: Questionnaire (25 points):
Due no later than 11:55p ET on Sunday of Week 7
Purpose: The purpose of exercise is to develop a short questionnaire containing both close-ended survey questions and open-ended questions. Students will go through the research design process from research question, to survey construction, to analysis of survey results and theory building using a peer-reviewed article.
Your assignment should include
– All sections 1-9
This assignment does not have to be written in essay format. You may organize it by section, question number with question text, and then your answer.
APA formatting should be used throughout. Any time your paraphrase or directly quote a source (such as your article), in-text citations should be used. A full APA-formatted reference should be included at the beginning or end of assignment.
Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
1.Research Question (1pt)
1) Develop a clear, specific, sociological research question that will investigate the relationship between two social phenomena/behaviors/facts.
2) Clearly identify the variables in your research question
3) Identify which variable is your independent variable, and which variable is your dependent variable.
4) Provide a conceptual definition for each variable. (i.e. similar to dictionary definition)
5) Describe what ‘type’ of variable each variable is.
6) Provide an operational definition for each variable. (i.e. how the variable is going to be measured)
7) Develop a hypothesis for your research question – a statement of what direction you believe the relationship between your two variables will be.
8) Develop 5-10 closed-ended questions (*for groups: 10-15 questions)
9) Develop 2-5 open-ended questions for to help measure your variables (* for groups: 3-7 questions)
10) Describe your population, sampling frame, and method
11) Describe your sample
12) Have 3-5 people complete your questionnaire. (*for groups: 10 people per person)
13) This provides you with a simple count
14) *For groups only: consolidate data and consult with professor by Week 6 about data analysis.
|Indicators||Respondent 1||Respondent 1|
|Measured by Q1||C – neither agree nor disagree||A – strongly agree|
|Q3||D – disagree||B – agree|
|Q8 (open-ended)||R1 described their daily activities in the household…||R2 described their daily activities in the household…|
|Variable 1||Measured by Q2||5 hours||29 hours|
|Q5||3 days a week||7 days a week|
15) Provide descriptive statistics (counts) of the responses
16) Identify trends in the data results
17) Conduct a chi-square test (optional)
18) How do these results help you to answer your research question
19) Find 1 peer-reviewed article that is related to your research question.
20) Briefly describe the article (thesis/research question, hypothesis, methods, findings)
21) Compare and discuss the methods and findings of the article to your own small study
22) Briefly summarize the research purposes, methodologies, and key findings (in a non-statistical manner) of your study
23) What are the strengths of your study and findings
24) What are the weaknesses of your study and findings
25) Discuss implications for future research on your research question
26) Briefly discuss what you learned about research methods through this assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more