Posted: September 18th, 2017
Sanctuary and Government
The paper will have to clear turning by less than 10% similarities.
The Church has historically discharged its role as a sanctuary in both physical and emotional terms. However, there have been instances where the sanctuary of the Church has been violated by the intervention of government. For example, consider events of the Communist Revolution or the events in San Salvador, where several Catholic priests were persecuted or martyred for their service to the poor in the late 20th century. In modern times, the American immigration debate places the Church at odds with the state as the Church seeks to fulfill its mission as a sanctuary. In this assignment, you will address the tension between the Church and the state regarding the role of the Church as a sanctuary.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source, be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
In a paper of 1,250-1,500 words, address the tension between the Church and the state regarding the role of the Church as a sanctuary. Do the following in your paper:
1. Briefly describe three historic instances of the state violating the role of the Church as a sanctuary.
2. Analyze the conflict of the Church as a sanctuary with modern American immigration policy.
3. Discuss whether the Church can sustain its role as a sanctuary while preserving a positive relationship with the state.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.