Posted: September 17th, 2017
The Strategy Experience
Your participation in ‘The Strategy Experience’ is intended to focus on ‘strategy-in-action’ – the
application of strategic concepts and frameworks in the creation and pursuit of strategic objectives.
Once you have completed six Board Room meetings, equivalent to three years management of the
advertising and marketing communications group WRSX, you will be in a position to complete your
Address the following:
Consider a specific instance of either good or unexpectedly poor business performance during your
three year period as a director.
1. Imagine you are presenting to WRSX investors. Referring to data from the performance log and
your notes on the decisions that were made, assess a specific decision (or group of related decisions)
which explains the performance outcome. Include a discussion of the underpinning theoretical
frameworks you either used, or could have used, to assist your decision making. Did the theory
support the decision, or mislead you, and why?
2. Consider your original analysis of the strategic position and strategic choices. To what extent did
your assessment of the strategic position and strategic choices change or evolve over the three year
period? Did key changes occur, or new information emerge, that changed your original summary and
did this lead to a change in strategy?
Marks will be awarded for:
• Stock market performance 6 – 10 marks
And for including:
• Appendix A: Summary performance log (including a summary of agenda choices and Board Room
decisions) 5 marks
• Appendix B: Strategic Position 5 marks
• Appendix C: Strategic Choices 5 marks
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.