Posted: September 18th, 2017
• Attributes and Evaluation of Discussion Contributions.
• Professional Communications and Writing Guide.
• Examining Child Maltreatment Through a Neurodevelopmental Lens: Clinical Applications of the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics.
Remember a time when you might have been triggered into a strong emotional reaction without understanding why. Later you connected the dots with an earlier experience you had not consciously remembered at that time.
With that experience in mind, carefully consider what you have learned by reading Perry’s article in this unit. What you think it is about the encoding of trauma into the brain, makes it difficult to process? How can this understanding inform your work as a play therapist working with children who have experienced trauma?
Use your Gil text to complete the following:
• Review Chapter 5, “Silent Grieving in a World Without Words,” pages 67–91.
• Read Chapter 14, “”This Mommy Has No Milk!”: A Neglected Child’s Adaptation to Loss and Hunger,” pages 288–310.
Use the Capella University Library to complete the following:
• Read Hardy and Crenshaw, 2007, “The Crucial Role of Empathy in Breaking the Silence of Traumatized Children in Play Therapy,” from International Journal of Play Therapy, volume 16, issue 2, pages 160–175.
• Read Perry, 2009, “Examining Child Maltreatment Through a Neurodevelopmental Lens: Clinical Applications of the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics,” from Journal of Loss & Trauma, volume 14, issue 4, pages 240–255.
Optional – Readings
You may choose to complete the following, but it is not required.
• Read Madsen and Ryan, 2007, “Filial Family Play Therapy with an Adoptive Family: A Response to Preadoptive Child Maltreatment,” from International Journal of Play Therapy, volume 16, pages 112–132.
Chicago Crime Wave Targets Children
Launch Presentation | Transcript
NBC Archives on Demand
• Click Launch Video to view Chicago Crime Wave Targets Children, an NBC news report first broadcast on August 15, 2010.
Legal and Ethical Issues Scenarios
Play Therapy Resource Portal
Child Case Study Backgrounds
• Click Launch Presentation to view Legal and Ethical Issues Scenarios. This interactive media will ask you to decide how you would handle each of three situations involving whether, what, and how to report potential cases of abuse. Before working through this piece, you will want to have studied your state’s requirements, as well as the ethical expectations of your professional association.
• Click Launch Presentation to access the Play Therapy Resource Portal. Additional resources on children dealing with abuse are included in the section entitled Abuse: Physical, Sexual, Emotional, and Neglect.
• Click Launch Presentation to access Child Case Study Backgrounds.
• Gil, E. (2010). Working with children to heal interpersonal trauma: The power of play. New York, NY: The Guilford Press. ISBN: 9781606238929.
• Halstead, R. W., Pehrsson, D., & Mullen, J. A. (2011). Counseling children: A core issues approach. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association. ISBN: 9781556202834.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.