Posted: September 17th, 2017
Topic: Journal: Effective, Consistent, and Ethical Communication
To prepare for this Assignment:
• Review Walden University’s DEEP-C Model General Education Learning Outcomes “Expression” and “Perspective” in the Syllabus.
• Consider “Expression” and “Perspective” as they relate to your Group Project.
• Review your Topic Exploration and Analysis and Literature Review to ensure that your group’s publicity campaign is effective, has an ethical approach, and has a consistent message.
Write a 2- to 3- paragraph journal entry in which you address the following:
• Consider how nonverbal communication and the formatting of written communication (style, formatting, correct grammar, spelling, etc.) enhance or detract from the effectiveness and consistency of the work you produce.
• Reflect on ways the effectiveness of your Group Project’s publicity approach can vary according to audience and context.
• Think about the ways an ethical publicity approach could influence a broader audience.
• Loeb, P. R. (2010). Soul of a citizen: Living with conviction in challenging times (Rev. ed.). New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin.
o Chapter 8, “Village Politics” (pp. 195–227)
o Chapter 9, “Widening the Circle” (pp. 228–256)
o Chapter 10, “Pieces of a Vision” (pp. 257–286)
• Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Processes of choosing the message and the media [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 11 minutes.
Social Media and Disaster Response
• Slagh, C. (2010, March 4). How social media changed disaster response in Haiti: Expanding foreign volunteerism opportunities [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://securenation.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/how-social-media-changed-disaster-response-in-haiti-expanding-foreign-volunteerism-opportunities/
• VolunteerMatch. (2012). VolunteerMatch. Retrieved from http://www.volunteermatch.org/
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.