Posted: September 18th, 2017
Book Review of Hot, Flat and Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman
- Firstly, in order to write a proper book review, it is important that you read and understand the Book and its contents.
- This Book Review is a chapter by chapter review (that is why I call it a Comprehensive Book Review).
- Your Book Review will be doubled spaced in Times New Roman 12, and should be in APA format with cover page for the assignment.
- When doing a Book Review, it is important to make reference to the author, cite the author, present examples of terms, concepts, issues discussed in each chapter.
- After communicating the contents of the book in the review in several paragraphs, you should conclude the Book Review with a statement of its value or it worth. For example: Is the book well written? Who can use the book? What are the benefits of reading this book? Is this book more helpful to practitioners or academics? Does the book hold any interest for laypersons? How does the book add to the field of study (Environmentalism and Sustainability) – does it advance the literature? Provide both positive and negative appraisal of the book, as well as any recommendations.
- Please make your Book Reviews between 3 and 5 pages in length only (double spaced of course). Your Book Review must not be less than 3 pages, and preferably no more than 5 pages, excluding cover/title page and reference page.
Please follow the links below which will lead you to several Sample Copies of Book Reviews that you can use as a guide. These Book Reviews were completed and provided by your Course Professor, and should you follow them, there is no reason why this assignment should not be manageable:
http://www.whitneypress.com/JAME/JAME_Vol_17_No_2_2012.pdf (pp. 116-119)